Fly Time


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
August 13th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our agenda today was simple - get to London. We were able to have another small sleep in, before catching our cab to Dublin airport, and finding the Aer Lingus desk. If you can organise them, E Tickets are definitely the way to go…the lines are much quicker! Unfortunately, we only have paper tickets, so we have to join the longer queues, but most of the time we’re there early, so it’s not a huge problem.

Dublin airport is like a mini-shopping centre, so after one last look upstairs we found a seat and relaxed for 10 minutes before boarding our plane. The flight to London was great - only 50 minutes and we were there. Heathrow was no worries again and we were in and out in record time. Plus, we had a hotel transfer!

After being seated in the very back, and picking up another 6 people, we drove around London dropping everyone else off…we didn’t reach our hotel in Islington for 2 hours…but the driver was great and gave us a mini tour on the way. We aw everything, from Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, and Big Ben (which is out of action for six weeks - we’ll hear the chimes when we get back!)

I was a little stressed when I asked our driver about Kings Cross - the suburb we stay in after our tour of Europe winds up. He said, ‘Have you heard of Kings Cross in Sydney? It’s basically the same thing.’ I was packing death! No way in hell would I ever book accommodation in Kings Cross, Sydney!! Iz was far less stressed, and after being reassured by the driver that it would be fine, we ‘just needed to have our wits about us‘, and a quick drive through the cross, I felt a little more at ease…I think?

Our hotel finally showed up, and we checked in and met a tour representative. Both our jaws dropped when we were told we would be getting a wake up call at 4:15am, and breakie would be served at 4:45am, with the coach leaving at 5:40am - you beauty! Love an early morning start - NOT!

We didn’t waste time getting dinner, and heading to bed as quickly as we could, then waking up several hours later and twiddling our thumbs. That plan sucked! We would just have to get some sleep on the bus the next day - or be very tired in Amsterdam. RISE AND SHINE!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb