St Patricks Day in Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
March 17th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ohhhh my goodness what a buzz to be in Ireland to celebrate St Patrick's Day. It has been a huge two weeks of work organising paddy's day tours for about 150 people, so it was great to kick back Saturday arvo and enjoy the festivities.
The last week has consisted of camera crews and interviews with a TV program called a Life without Me, its where they send the boss away and see how thing travel while he is gone. It screens on air in may so that should be interesting to say the least...mum is going to be distraught when she sees I was not wearing a stitch of makeup and foot wear consisting of a pair of pluggers.....opps, sorry mum but the days of the suits and lipstick are over....
St Paddy’s day started at one of the hostel where we walked all the punters up to the Guiness factory for our first pint of Guiness for the day at 9.30am. A few hours later we made our way down to the main street to watch the parade and frolic in the streets. MingMing and I were a little perturbed at not being able to see the parade for all the people, so off to the pub we went to console ourselves. All the staff meet at the pub were there was more pints being consumed and more filming, believe it or not I was all camerad out by the end of the day.
Huge night had by all then off this morning for a trip to Glendalough, it was stunning country, the picture of me with the cross is apparently the beginning of a years wait to me finding true love, as I got my hand all the way round it.....Hmmmm thoughts of pain and anguish come springing to mind. Poor old MingMing didn’t even come close, she on the other hand was gutted at the thought of sitting on her porch with 50 cats at 40 years of age.
Well last week of work this week and off to Italy for a trip down the coast line finishing back in Sicily. Where I can’t wait to horse ride up Mt Etna and eat more ricotta.
Will keep you posted.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb