Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
March 15th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ireland styleIreland styleIreland style

2 Bulmers, 1 Guinness, and 1 Smithwicks
Steve (Flint) here-
Finally, the day has come. We head to LAX very early, no screwing this up. We get our tickets, eat at Daily Gril, and have pint or two in the airport bar. The plane trip is excrutiating, humans aren't meant to sit for such a long period of time. Prescription sleeping pills would have been nice. The flight is otherwise unremarkable, and we arrive in one piece.

We are in Ireland! This is so awesome, everything is going to be amazing...right?

Ok, we have a small problem. We can't find our hotel, and nobody wants to help us. We ask a few folks, and they say, "go down this street and turn right." But they are lying! We eventually figure out that everyone hates George Bush and that "right" means "left." We now are going to pretend to be Canadian, nobody hates the Canadians...we hope.

We finally settle in at our hotel, then venture out for some food and a beverage or twelve. Our first stop is Porterhouse, a restaurant that received a rave review in the MTV guide book. Not great, not bad, but the music didn't start til 11pm, so we went elsewhere.

We have a drink at Vat House before heading to Temple Bar to hear The Folksmen play. They were described on the poster outside as “traditional contemporary Irish rock,” but they probably know three less Irish songs than we do. Still, the pub serves drinks, so we have a good time

Jackie here-
We meet a lad from Dublin, some cowboys from Texas and some amigos from Spain. Singing is a universal language!

Still searching for the “ultimate live act” we return to the Porterhouse to see “Woodsey”, a chap older than Zappa with an acoustic guitar. He rocks! And the pup plays Waterboys during a break! We close that down and return to our hotel around 2 am. Conflicting reports have Zappa and Flint hopping a taxi for pizza or passing out immediately. Jet lag!? What jet lag!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Jackie dancing with random guyJackie dancing with random guy
Jackie dancing with random guy

the best band we saw this night was performing on the street
at Porterhouse barat Porterhouse bar
at Porterhouse bar

Woodsey was on stage performing cover tunes. He was quite old, but good!
Not StrangersNot Strangers
Not Strangers

Tammy runs into guys she used to work with. Beat that, Melanie.


19th March 2007

liquid ass
fucking george bush, giving us americans a bad name! have fun guys, keep writing blogs!!

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb