April 3rd - Blarney, Wateford


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Blarney
April 3rd 2009
Published: April 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We started today out slowly. We got up and took our time getting ready. At this point, we were all ready for a good internet fix and so we spent some time in the internet café that was attached to the Kenmare hostel. I blogged, while the girls checked their email. We finished up and got ourselves onto the road. We headed for the Blarney Stone. We got ourselves to Blarney and found a good pub for lunch. At lunch, we asked the woman sitting next to us for some advice of some other places to see. She was sweet and gave us some suggestions for County Cork. We finished up lunch and headed for Blarney Castle. The grounds were slightly damp for the morning’s light rain but it was good for the girls’ to see some rain..this was the first rain of the trip. We loved walking around the castle and the girls each took their turn smooching the blarney stone…but I must say they both already have the gift of the gab. After a bit, we headed for the Blarney woolen mills so I could check out the crystal and the girls could do some shopping. We spent a little while making some purchases and then headed out. We didn’t have any reservations, and Tara patiently worked to find us a spot for two hours. We finally called in the big guns and used a letter Tara’s sister Rachel had given us to get a room in Waterford. Thank you Rachel. The room was gorgous and we all felt like we were living in the lap of luxury. We quickly unpacked the car and headed for dinner. We found ourselves in Sumatra for a pasta dinner which we all enjoyed. Then we headed over to T&H Doolin’s for some live music. The bar was good and we all enjoyed the music. They were a bunch of younger folks in here and we enjoyed watching them dance. We struck up a conversation with a few locals who invited us to join them at the Ruby Lounge nightclub. We walked over separately, but we decided we did not want to pay the 9 Euro entrance fee. So we went across the street to Mulrooney’s. Mulrooney’s was a fun 70/80’s dance club and we all enjoyed cutting a rug. The next thing we knew, we found our friends from the first pub. They were regulars and knew a lot of people in the nightclub. Tara took a special interest in requesting some classic songs and the DJ played them just to appease her. The next thing we knew the nightclub was closed and we got ourselves invited to Marty’s Real Estate office for a cup of tea. We enjoyed a few more laughs with the bunch and then headed home for the night.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb