Killarney and Buggy Ride


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Shannon
June 18th 2015
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.7107, -8.87897

After our flight to Chicago and a six hour layover, we boarded our international flight for Ireland. It was a short night at 35,000 feet and we landed in Shannon excited and ready for the adventure to begin! We were greeted by our tour director Andras who pointed out essential airport features to begin our trip successfully including the restrooms, the nearest ATM, and places to buy bottled water and snacks for breakfast. Then we boarded the bus and set out for Killarney, the quaintest Irish town with multi-colored storefronts, Celtic crests visible in shop windows, and street performers and musicians to add to the bustling scene. Fresh air and sunshine did their best to keep our jet lag at bay and we even enjoyed a horse drawn buggy ride around the city and through the twenty five thousand acre Killarney National Park to see the McGillicuddy mountains and the castle of Ross. What a splendid introduction to this inviting country and its warm people! Our group reunited with the Connellys so Collin rounded out our group of 21. Soon it will be dinner time and then these weary travelers can finally rest heavy heads for a good night's sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th June 2015

Those very first passport stamps are only the beginning of a lifelong addiction to travel. Cheers!
18th June 2015

looks like you're off to a wonderful start!!
19th June 2015

What a beautiful picture to start your grand Irish adventure!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb