Seeing A Giant, 3 Sisters, Fungie and the most beautiful town on the west coast of Ireland-Dingle!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Ennis
July 20th 2010
Published: July 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone from Ennis!

We have had a great day here in Ireland today filled with some experience of all the various climates from heavy rain and strong winds to beautiful sunshine and high temperatures! Such is life in Ireland in the southwest!

We head off from Killarney this morning and made our way toward Ennis. Our first stop en route to Dingle (An Daingean ui chuis) was at Inch Beach-we stopped for some quick photos of overcast skies over the beach. The strong winds gave us a little chill as we stood by. We continued on toward Dingle and the skies lit up to beautiful sunshine as we arrived into the beautiful seaside town on the Dingle Peninsula. We head off on the Slea Head Drive and took in some stops at Ceann Tra (Ventry Beach), to see the clochan (beehive houses) all made of stone on the side of the mountains. We looked out into the sea and saw the Blasket Islands, Inistookert-the Sleeping Giant from Coumenoule Beach. The views of the water and cliffs around us were breathtaking! It was gorgeous! I could have stayed playing on that beach in the sand and with toes dipped into the Atlantic Ocean for hours! We took lots of amazing photos of that beautiful place. As we continued on the Slea Head drive we stopped in to see the views of the Clogher Head-3 sister mountains before heading back into Dingle Town for some amazing fish and chips which we ate at the harbour from Harrington's Fish and Chips! We got a chance to see the icon Dingle is most known for--Fungie the dolphin and to eat the famous Murphy Ice Cream-sea salt and burnt caramel ice cream! Yummy!

We got a bit of a chance to walk into the gift shops and walk about before heading back on the bus to go to Tarbet to get on the ferry to cross from County Kerry to County Clare. The short ferry ride was a nice break out of the bus as we saw dolphins jump next to the car ferry boat we were on!

We are staying at the Rowan Tree hostel here in Ennis now which is lovely! We were treated to an Irish dance lesson wherein we learned some waltzes, traditional dances and reels from these sweet people-Elaine, Dick and Anna!

It has been a nice evening of hanging out here in Ennis. We decided to stay in tonight as it has been raining here, but it has been nice to catch up and connect.

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Tomorrow I am off to the Cliffs of Moher and to see the Burren while heading to Galway!

Wish you could all see the beauty of Ireland!

Having a great time!

love Katy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb