Hallo from Iceland


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
June 7th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Marco earns his wingsMarco earns his wingsMarco earns his wings

Marco poses with Christiana
Hallo from Iceland

This is just a quick update to let everyone know we have arived in Iceland.

We were projected to depart fro New York's JFK Airport at 8:25 PM on Friday, but we were delayed by an excessive backup on the cue to take off. We finally took off at 10:00 PM.

The flight was uneventful. We sat in an exit row, so we had a little extra leg room on the flight. Marco got busy with meeting people and had a great time on the flight. Before we knew it, he was flirting with one of the flight attendants and earned his wings. The attached photo shows Marco right after Christiana gave him his wings.

We arrived in Keflavick at 7:00 AM on Saturday morning. The temperature when we landed was a sweltering 9 degrees C or 48 degrees F. The skies are cloudy and nice and cool. I know you guys in Kuwait have already had 48 degree days, but your 48 degrees was in Celsius.

We grabbed the backpacks and jumped on the bus to bring us to Reykjavik. On the bus ride, we passed some pretty interesting geological landforms. Extensive
UTGANGARUTGANGARUTGANGAR

EMERGENCY EXIT
lava fields with signs of continued uplifting. After arriving at the BSI terminal, we headed up the hill to take the bus to our guesthouse in downtown. The bus ride was short. We checked into Guesthouse 101. Jack was extremely helpful upon check-in. He invited us to the breakfast area while our room was being prepared. We sat down and had coffee and tea and Jack showed us a few of the key bus routes to get us around town.

As soon as wepost his update, Lynne and I will walk around the corner, jump on the number 14 bus and head to Laugardalslag (Lauger Pool). This the largest pool in Reykjavik. It features geothermal heated water, indoor and outdoor pools, hot pots, sauna and steam room. I'll post an update later.

Anna, our phone does not work here, but once we hit mainland Europe, we will pick up a SIM card for the phone.


Keflavick


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



7th June 2008

YEEAAHH!
We are so glad you guys made it safely! Enjoy every moment! Did i mention we are very envious about you getting to go the hot bath? :)
7th June 2008

WoW Congrats! That is awesome! Hope you all have fun! I have never seen Marco so happy before.
8th June 2008

The Fun Begins
Great hearing that you guys are now in Iceland. The hot baths sound wonderful! Looking forward to your next input.
9th June 2008

Glad you made it safety. I'm sure the cooler weather is better than the hot climate that was starting to set in.
9th June 2008

//Innerpol Warning//
Artie "The Alligator" Has been spoted in the area of the hot baths Marco aka"Johhnie Chimpo" proceed with caution and treat as target of opportunity,John boy 0013.5 will be your back up,Be careful you guys and Good Luck!!
9th June 2008

Litre of cola
Jememy, You are not going to belive this. Today I asked for a litre of cola and I got it. You wouldn't belive it, bvut a litre of cola runs about $4.00 out here. I don't want a large Farva.
9th June 2008

Hey you
Felricia, Itis so great to hear from you. We will have to visit when we return. Take care of yourself and keep up with your studies. Thanks for the prayersandwell wishes.
10th June 2008

Alaska Experiment
Hey John I saw where they are going to have season 2 I'm going to sign us up
10th June 2008

Alaskan experiment
Hey Dude, Sign us up... Does that include everyone or just you and me? I am kinda afraid of being alone in the wild with you. I have pictures.
11th June 2008

alaska
==============Hey go to discovery. com and sign up, go to alaska Exp. home page and sign up under casting call season 2, I got hailey the glow planets today at wally world and she loves them good luck and be careful out there.==============
14th June 2008

happy fathers day
Hey dad just wanted to wish you a happy fathers day. hope you are doing well. love you lots.

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.049s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0962s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb