A different perspective!


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks…here’s a twist…this is Brenda (leader of the Blue Group) writing the blog entry not Pat.

Why, you ask?

Because I’m writing on behalf of all of you…to thank Pat for this incredible BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hurray and many thanks to our ‘Fearless Blogger Extraordinaire’: PAT

Pat has been tireless over the past twenty-eight days, bonding with people, sharing her sense of humor and fun, leading her Green Group - and frequently the rest of us too - and still finding time to create this incredible blog.

Everyone loves her…how could you not…and we all have loved sharing her boundless enthusiasm for this trip - and life.

I know that the blog has been a labour of love for her - she needs to know how much it has affected all our lives. Parents, children, friends, co-workers, everyone has been following our travels thanks to Pat. At last count there had been over 15,000 visits to the blog during this fantastic adventure and there have been messages sent from all over the world.
We’ve celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, shopping expeditions, wonders of the world, cultural activities…WOW

Pat has captured all our best moments and we’ve
She works out........She works out........She works out........

Early mornings are best for this blogger!
had the fun of encouraging her, and adding our suggestions - which she included in typical ‘Happy Pat’ fashion .


Pat leads with her heart - and that’s what’s made such an impact on us. She is a joy to work with, a delight to know, and a ‘keeper’ as a friend.

Throughout this trip, she has taken many pictures that will become part of her keynote presentations in the future, one of which is titled "Women of the World - More Alike Than Different". As well, she is writing a book about the trip: "Where Am I Now? - How to Set Goals and Follow Your Dreams!" Any and all information is available through her website: www.patmussieux.com

From all of us…thank you Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

She has friends everywhere......She has friends everywhere......
She has friends everywhere......

Pat and Blaine in Whitehorse; they worked together in the early '80s in Alberta.
She blogs.........She blogs.........
She blogs.........

and makes it a team affair!
She does try challenging things....She does try challenging things....
She does try challenging things....

Like riding the camel (again!). Surely it gets easier and more enjoyable.......ha ha
She knows how to have fun.......She knows how to have fun.......
She knows how to have fun.......

To laugh and have a good time!
She shares her computer.......She shares her computer.......
She shares her computer.......

so others can check their e-mail from home!
She's part of the team!She's part of the team!
She's part of the team!

With Ben, at the welcome reception in India
She eats ice cream, even when it's bitter cold outside!She eats ice cream, even when it's bitter cold outside!
She eats ice cream, even when it's bitter cold outside!

Pat and Susan, having an ice cream break in Iceland!
Still blogging........Still blogging........
Still blogging........

with "a little help from her friends"!
Did I mention how much she loves chocolate?Did I mention how much she loves chocolate?
Did I mention how much she loves chocolate?

Solid, dark chocolate, actually! Hard to find in many places on the world tour.......
Oh my gosh......now we've got her IN a boat, AND shopping!Oh my gosh......now we've got her IN a boat, AND shopping!
Oh my gosh......now we've got her IN a boat, AND shopping!

We've had some influence on her this past month......
and still blogging.......and still blogging.......
and still blogging.......

Gathering stories from some of our fellow passengers....
She's a great motivational speaker!She's a great motivational speaker!
She's a great motivational speaker!

And has lots of new stories and pictures now! Go to www.patmussieux.com for more information.


3rd December 2007

Best bed!
I know that your first evening home, Pat, you will find your bed is the best one of all...despite all the comfy ones along the way. Thanks for having shared this trip with we stay-at-home types.
3rd December 2007

Welcome home
Welcome home Pat; and thanks for your wonderful blog. We actually felt we were reliving such great memories. We are snowed-in in Montreal, so I plan on reviewing my favorite trip blogs. Happy Holidays to all at Travel Guild and all our fellow travellers from 2006. Diane and Remo Zeppilli
3rd December 2007

Welcome Home
Happy to hear you are home safely Pat, as well as all passengers on your wonderful tour. As Diane mentioned, following the blog was like reliving the trip. I have many fond memories of the 2006 trip and looking forward to another one some day, soon I hope. Lorraine (2006 Blue Groupie)
3rd December 2007

Yes, I'm home.....
Hi Lorraine (and Diane, and Judy T. and Kevin?gail and Anne!).....yes, I'm home. But I've been working on the blogs today also. Am having some technical difficulties with them.......but will have Iceland completed by tomorrow, so everyone can enjoy one of my most favorite places on the tour! It was good to be in my own bed last night. And now......it all seems like a dream! Can't wait till next year........ I'm so happy that so many people enjoyed travelling along with us!
4th December 2007

Home again...home again...
Can't believe the month has ended ... thanks for sharing your journey and memories.
4th December 2007

Welcome Back, Pat
It has been a wonderful month with you, Pat. Have relived it all again. Glad you made it back without that wretched germ of last year getting you. Leona. Hello to Blue Group 2006
4th December 2007

Another wonderful trip
Pat: You have a special gift!! I know anyone who meets you and is lucky enough to become your friend knows this. I was feeling homesick recalling all the fun we had last year. I will be taking this trip again when I can swing it. Welcome home. Love, 'Tina

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb