Germany to Hungary


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Western Transdanubia » Gyor
July 20th 2015
Published: May 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

1 st night1 st night1 st night

Stop 1 on our adventure across Europe, overnight in Germany. Eurome and Maxx playing around.
Picked quite the time of year to go on a road trip, I think it was one of the hottest summers on record. Thank God we took the time to have our air conditioning fixed before we left Germany. Quick trip across Germany and the top of Austria, won't bore you with the details of the drive as we had done it many times before. Off to our first planned stop in Gyor Hungary, I found a cute little camp kind of place to stay near a man made lake called Achilles Park. When we arrived it was hot there too. It was a restful night and ready to head off in the morning after breakfast, that was served on the patio outside. Strange little breakfast, still not sure what we had there. Posted pictures on FB but no one could give us an answer us. Anyways back on the road crossing through the rest of the country, beautiful countryside field after field of sunflowers. I should really google what they do with all of those sunflowers. I'll let you know what I find out before then end of the blog. ( Hopefully).



My impressions of Hungary was
Gyor HungaryGyor HungaryGyor Hungary

Found this cute little park with individual cabins, but alas no air con.
very beautiful country sides, the villages were quaint and old world looking about what I expected to see or hope to see I guess. the cities, well they had the tale tell signs of communist rule, with the plan block buildings. I am sorry to say that we did not spend a lot of time as we are on a whirl wind adventure, seeing as much as we can.



As Promised:...... The most important oilseed in Hungary is sunflower, grown on 350 thousand hectares, that is, 80% of the land used for.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

First Hungarian BeersFirst Hungarian Beers
First Hungarian Beers

Achilles Park had a lovely and welcoming bar. Lucky for us.
CabinsCabins
Cabins

Just a little view of the cabin area. Loved it there. Very peaceful
Hungarian villageHungarian village
Hungarian village

Love seeing the wares for sale by the side of the road
Sunflower AnyoneSunflower Anyone
Sunflower Anyone

Field after field of beautiful Sunflowers.


Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb