Budapest is an Instant hit


Advertisement
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
September 5th 2016
Published: September 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

<em style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal;">Day 224 Monday 29th August 2016 – Vienna to Budapest Walked up to Duran’s for breakfast for the last feed of tasty open sandwiches, I feel like these should be served on a tiered plate stand at high tea. While sitting there, it is amazing how many people stop just to look at these yummy creations, displayed in the front window. Hung around tak... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Front door of the Parliament Building
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Grand old building
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Gateway on Castle Hill
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Monument on Castle Hill
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Mathias Church
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Danube and the Parliament Building
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Looking down the Funicular
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

No idea what this one is about
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Memorial in city park
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Great Synagogue
Budapest Budapest
Budapest

Old building in City Park
BudapestBudapest
Budapest

Typical street view



6th September 2016

Buda and Pest
I once heard someone describe Albury-Wodonga as our Budapest...I can really see what they meant now ;) Instant seems like an easy bar to like and hang out in, but it's sad that grungy bars the world over are inevitably polished up at some point. I really like the look of that beef and dumpling dish, although I've never seen peppers presented in that manner before :)
6th September 2016

Buda and Pest
I have never heard that about Albury-Wodonga before and it now makes the place more inviting, perhaps next time I pass through I might stop longer than the usual fuel stop. The peppers were of the hotter variety so it added a nice heat to the dish.
7th September 2016
Budapest

Bridges, funiculars and metros!
I'm with you on these--love the first two because it feels like flying. And the Budapest metro was like those in your arch-nemesis, Prague, and also Moscow, feeling like you're descending into the bowels of the earth. The double pricing is understandable in Bolivia, where I'm heading, but to make non-EU people pay double what the Brits, Germans, etc do? No thank you, wankers!
7th September 2016
Budapest

Bridges, funiculars and metros!
I am glad you understand our gripe on double pricing, fully accept it in places like India, Egypt, Bolivia, etc, but the EU Member and non EU Member was a joke. With a strong right wing government in power in Hungary we sort of took it as "US" and "Foreigners". Off to Bolivia, fantastic, I sure hope that means you will be posting some blogs from there with your incredible photographs.
8th September 2016
Budapest

Meeting in Bolivia!
It may have been your blogs from Bolivia where I first met you two! Thanks for the kind words on my photos and blogs. I actually went to Bolivia about ten months ago and never wrote those blogs, so i may double up those and these sojourns (slacker). Some of my initial destinations won't have wifi--Isla del Sol, Sorata, Coroico and Copa, so I'll have to catch up on your travels when I return. I've really been enjoying your wild ride!
9th September 2016
Budapest

Slackers of the world unite
After i posted the last response I thought "hang on a minute, I am sure Tara has been to Bolivia", looked back and there you were in La Paz. We are hopeless (slackers) at reading blogs when not travelling something I am going to improve upon when we return. Hope you have a fantastic time under the Incan Sun and cannot wait to read your blogs. Travel safe.
12th September 2016

Budapest
For me is food is art so I like the idea of it being on display in the window. Sounds like you were in a great location. The city, the art, the history...so fantastic. Your fantastic voyage has added so many places to our must do and see list. Thank you.
12th September 2016

Budapest
The city was a nice surprise, and much preferred it over Prague, but that might be my prejudice. Got a couple of tips off Tom Rooney as well, and had thoughts of tracking down his internet dream girl.
13th October 2016

Instant hit!
What a great city! Loved the architecture and feel of it also. My traveling female companion found random dark curly black hairs ( I say pubic) on her after bathing in that monsters bath house eeeewhhh!!! Disgusting... The food in Budapest was the bomb in 98 when I visited too, loved it. It was cheap and hearty, those were the days of flesh fests. Nice pic's!!!
14th October 2016

Instant hit!
Did she have to pay extra for the pubes???
4th February 2018

Just re-read this...
...for inspiration! Sounds like you stayed in District 7? Any chance you remember the name of the restaurant you had your fave Hungarian meal at? :)
4th February 2018

Damn our bad memories
That was beers, and beers ago. We have just poured over the google map of Budapest and found the spot where we thought it was and we came up with "the slang pub", which confused us completely because that just doesn't sound like where we ate. We thought it was on a corner, and it was pubbish, but the slang pub seems to just serve mega greasy burgers, so we are now completely stumped. The restaurant we ate at was in district 7 and we were staying in district 6 (I think) and we had a bit of a walk to get to it, but past that we cannot remember, sorry. I wish we were better at jotting details like you guys, I think we spend way too much time drinking when we travel and therefore cannot remember.
4th February 2018

The one that maybe got away...
Thanks for looking guys! I'll keep your cryptic clues in mind as we walk around District 7 - pubbish and on a corner ;) And I've jotted down Instant for a late night drink :)

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 15; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb