Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
June 1st 2016
Published: June 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Great flight from Madrid . Coming into the Budapest airport was so simple and efficient . The taxi set up was so smooth and very professional . Very impressed our driver was so nice too . Our first impressions were all positive and as ofb10:30 pm we have not changed our opinions . Seeing the Danube and all the river boats was also impressive . We are staying at the Marriot and it is adjacent to our Viking ship dock . The view from our room is just beautiful . As I write this I'm looking out the huge picture window looking at the river and the illuminated bridges.

After getting settled in the hotel we went for a 2 her walk here on the Pest side of the river . I'm taking by the Hungarians they are beautiful , tall , handsome folks and as is the case in Amsterdam seems everyone is fairly proficient in English . I love Europe . I never tire of the mix of art ,history and style. It's just mesmerizing to me and I didn't even mention the gastronomy !

So let's talk food for a moment . We decided on a small restaurant called Sörforrás caught our attention during the first part of our walk and decided to go back and eat there . We thought the classic Hungarian entrees has some flair and we were not disappointed . I had catfish paprikas with Spetzel and Chris had the chicken paprikas. We also shared and enjoyed appetizers of a pancake with minced veal,and a Hungarian cold mixed appetizer which was just delicious . We sat outside under an awning and enjoyed the parade of folks enjoying the early evening ... But then a sudden rain showers made the viewing even more interesting but luckily for us The awning kept us nice and dry . Soon the shower ceased and we enjoyed our espressos watching The parade resume. WE skipped dessert tonite and took another walk along the river watching the folk ins boarding the evening entertainment and tour boats . Finally back to the Marriot's lounge for cocktail . The London mules were excellent . Great day !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb