Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
June 13th 2015
Published: June 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

MykonasMykonasMykonas

Peter taking a rest in the beautiful white washed alley ways away from all the tourist shops.
Had a good Greek Is cruise tasting all the Greek food and sampling lots of different wines and cocktails. I only got a bit sea sick the first night and Peter just kept testing their squashed grapes so was fine. We had an interesting tour in Kusadasi Turkey going to visit the supposed house where Mary spent her final days. We are not really into ruins but were blown away by the ones we saw there. They are still doing so much work there and people who had visited in recent years previously were amazed by the progress. We also visited a carpet factory and saw how they removed the silk from the cacoons of the silk worms and hand weaving of carpets. Some take years to weave. After bringing the free drinks around they ended up being expensive drinks! For those who made purchases anyway. We had already been targeted as the unaware tourists in Instanbul after visiting the Blue Mosque and some apple tea and wine and hope our purchase follows us home. No fur coats or leather jackets though! All the Greek Islands we visited were different and some more touristy than others. In Crete we caught a bus a little into the country to Krista which Peter enjoyed. I just loved the colours in the water at Rhodes Is and the beautiful little white washed alleyways in Santorini and Mykonas. We had to spend several hours at Athens airport before flying to Vienna but the scenery below us flying over multiple countries was amazing. The islands and neat grain fields and wind farms as well as other jets and planes whizzing by. Then the same during the 1/2 hour flight to Budapest. We have done a couple of tours today on hop on hop off buses around the city and now relaxing before dinner. Tough life. Just hope no one runs past our unit again tonight ringing the door bell! Hope all are well. Peter and Mary.

Advertisement



13th June 2015

To the tourists
All sounds wonderful. Keen to hear what you bought in Turkey. Amazing that ruins are still being restored. I guess it will bring more tourists and boost the economy - as does Greece. Do they still have a changing of the guard in front of the palace in Athens? I think your photo was of the palace? Enjoy the "Jewels of Europe". K & L
13th June 2015

Glad you enjoyed the islands
Glad you enjoyed Santorini and Mykonos! So pretty in your pictures. Poor old Greece. Hope that is the last of your sea sickness Mum! xx
13th June 2015

Glad you enjoyed the islands
Glad you enjoyed Santorini and Mykonos! So pretty in your pictures. Poor old Greece. Hope that is the last of your sea sickness Mum! xx

Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb