Back again


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
April 6th 2006
Published: April 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well, it is taking some adjusting for me to get used to walking on hungarian streets. a man in a car stoped for me and waved me to walk- i was shocked but then remembered i wasnt in russia anymore. for anyone thinking of traveling to hungary, you should know- everyone cooks lunch from very early in the morning but there are few places to get breakfast. the turkish deli marts were open earlier than the cafes! we ended up having breakfast at mcdonalds- who, by the way, had an amazing cafe section with a decadent cappuccino!! i met a man from ethiopia who i will hopefully meet up with when i come back to budapest before i leave for home. all the snow has melted, which has caused a lot of floods in eastern europe. the danube was so high that the lower street next to it was underwater. there is a large selection of resturants in boats floating on the river, but their ramps were underwater. some of the high class ones built a ramp so you could walk over the river to get there. it was quite funny to see part of the roof of the ticket office sticking up from the Danube. i was having so much fun taking pictures of street signs sticking out of the river, and i was not the only one. many people were on the train tracks with me getting good shots. i even got to touch the Danube! COOL!! we found a resturant that has free WiFi (by free i mean we had to pay a good deal to eat there to get the WiFi access). I feel so comfortable in Hungary, though i can only understand a few words and can only read about 2 of them. it is a very confusing language. We are leaving by train to Vienna tomorrow. Dad has had to move some of his clothes into my suitcase after we bought souveniers, fortunately i didnt overpack too bad.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb