Baths, Prague and More


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
October 3rd 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Haven't updated in a while so I figured I'd let everyone know what's going on. Last weekend the guys went to Oktoberfest, so I was here pretty much by myself. Another friend of mine and I decided to check out Szechenyi(?) Baths while they were gone, and it was AWESOME. It costs about $15 to enter, and you can stay as long as you want but get refunded $2-3 if you stay for less than 2 hours. It took us like 20 minutes to figure out how the lockers worked, but once we did we were ready to go. When you first go in, there's this really long hallway of thermal pools, medicinal pools, and saunas, all ranging from ~60 degrees to 170degrees for saunas. At either end of the hallway is a Turkish-style bath, and then you have the option to go outside. Outside is 3 large pools; one is a pool-sized hot tub, another a regular swimming pool, and the third was closed so I'm not sure exactly what it was. We ended up staying for about 2.5 hours, and overall it was an awesome experience and completely worth it. Definitely will be going back when Ashley, Mom, and Gram get here.

During the week wasn't too exciting - just class, labs, and hanging out. Thursday night we went to a bar at the end of our street and had a few beers and played some pool. Today we went to happy hour at a bar the street over from us. 1 liter beers (which are huge) were 490ft, which is about $2-3, so that was pretty cheap even though the beer wasn't that good. Now we're back here hanging out and doing nothing.

A couple days ago we bout train tickets to go to Prague in the Czech Republic for next weekend. We got round trip tickets for ~$65, so that was pretty good. We're leaving at 5:30am on Saturday the 10th, which puts us in Prague around noon. Then, we come back Monday at 1130am and get to Budapest around 6pm. not sure where we will be staying, but we'll settle on a place this weekend. That's about it for now. I just went to happy hour with the guys at a bar down the street, so that's really all that's going on here for now. Ashley, Mom, and Gram will be coming right when I get back from Prague, so that will be something good to look forward to. Anyway, I'm heading out for now. Will probably update again after the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well at home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb