Arrival into 'pest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

9 OCTOBER - ARRIVAL INTO BUDAPEST

Up early to catch the (supposedly) direct train from Ljubljana to Budapest at 7:40am. Train was empty and basically stayed that way which was nice. I had a little six birth cabin thing to myself pretty much for the first four hours, except for a lady who came in at one stop and then left at the next stop 15 minutes later. So I stretched out and napped, not much else to do really! Train trip didnt end up being 'direct' as we all got kicked off the train at some station, put onto a bus, then about an hour later put on another train at a different station. No idea. At any rate I got into the hostel at about 5pm and was lucky that they managed to find me a room as I couldnt be bothered having to switch after the first night.

At about 730pm about 10 of us headed to this Thai/Hungarian restauarant literally across the road. Its not a fusion of the food either - married couple, he is Hungarian and she is Thai. They have a deal with the hostel which means first beer is free - always a good incentive to lure the backpacker market. For some reason, I am in another place which is overun with Americans, and I was sharing the room for the night with five American firemen. After dinner we headed to a bar where we had a few drinks before the boys grabbed maccas on the way back to the hostel.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.385s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0961s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb