Umm...Budapest?


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
February 5th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Quote of the trip: "What would Rick Steves do?" - Raleigh lives by the word of Rick Steves, travel advice conoseiur. Whenever we have an issue we consult Rick Steves. Too bad he didn't have anything on Budapest. Where were ya on that one Rick?!
What an ordeal! This week I lost 2 corks! The one Antonio gave me fell off in Vienna :'( and then Natalie gave me one to make up for it and that one fell off too! Can't win. Since we've been here we took a taxi to the sketchiest hole in the wall of a hostel. It reminded me of something out of Great Expectations. We go to where you check in and it's a table in a corner. The guy says o we don't have room for you here so we walked about 10 minutes to another hostel. The place we came to gave us a room for 12 people which we didn't ask for and it was mixed and already had two Spaniards who we knew were talking crap about us downstairs in it. Not cool. So...here we are now in a room for the staff, but it's good enough. It's just us six: me, Raleigh, Emily, Natalie, Liza, and Liz. Dinner was Turkish food. I have no idea what it was but it was delicious. We got back to the hostel and Natalie and I went on a hunt for wine. The corner store was closed so we continued on our way. We passed a sleepless homeless man and when we walkd by he started to get up so we ran as fast as we could because we were scared. The hostel girl gave us real Hungarian cookies. They were made with a flaky dough similar to filo dough but not quite and filled with apricot jam. They were interesting. I love that we're staying in the staff room of the hostel that is poisoning us with gas according to Liz. Anyway, this place, Budapest is sketch and I'm itchy...END.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb