Pest.


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
June 19th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ArtArtArt

The most interesting piece in town I think..^^
The ride to Budapest was quick! and the train was suprisingly, English.
I mean, first I went with the guys from the hostel since the whole room was heading to the same destination at the same time. Then, all the passport check people could speak really good English! haaaa....
Then came this tourist office girl, giving us maps and directions of the city. She was basically selling the hostel service but then, i think its very good! haaa.
Off the train and WOOOOHMMMs of accommodation people just come over and ask......actually its the first time I encounter this in Europe!...haaa

Anyways, the hostel I booked was close to the station so it was a short walk. Nice and cozy ne!
Then walked tot he city centre of Pest....err...the old town sq area was quite nice..but everywhere else seems to be just another big city....verz westernized.......all these big brands and names....Mcdonalds every 500m........Loads of tourist...especially Asian ones...which made the whole place worst.
Spent lots of time sitting at the parks..and the parks were nice..
You can see the young crowd all gathered around the place....lots of people to look at...interesting =)

On the way, there were some outdoor events
Heros SquareHeros SquareHeros Square

A big Square....i forgot to look up the history behind it....-__-"
as well, the peopel did some Macedonian dances, which was really nice I think!!!....better than the ones from Bratislava...haaaa!

Went to this hungarian kinda restaurant at night after meeting up with the guys ....it was the most luxurious meal I had in this trip!....not expensive as well!!...haaa...but didnt feel too hungarian either.....it was some beef stew with smashed up noodles.....haa...forgot the name.

Anyhow...went drinking afterwards and was dead tired.
Did learn some card tricks and western drinking games...haaa....that was fun!
Dunno my plans for today yet...just woke up...-___-"


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pest buildings...IPest buildings...I
Pest buildings...I

they are ok...Pest isn't all that interesting nor beautiful..
Pest buildings...IIPest buildings...II
Pest buildings...II

they are ok...Pest isn't all that interesting nor beautiful..again
Pest buildings...IIIPest buildings...III
Pest buildings...III

This was in the park....I kinda liked it=) Its actually the Argriculture museum or something like that...


Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb