thermal baths


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
June 11th 2005
Published: June 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

budapest - not the bestest city in the world in my opinion but the thermal baths make up for any shortcomings!! the city is pretty normal, just the usual city things - castles, palaces museums etc. but the thermal baths are awesome. yesterday i did a walking tour in the morning. it was pouring the whole way but it was still fun. after that we came back to our room and dried out a bit. then.... went to the baths. the lok exactly like they do in all the pictures. the old men playing chess that look like they've been there forever, amazing buildings surrounding, beautiful sculptures and fountains. soooo cool. it was absolutely freezing yesterday - about 10 degrees, but we went to the outside baths anyway - they're much better than the indoor ones. they're cooled down from about 75 degrees to about 37 degrees. nice and toasty. another pool was a tiny bit cooler but it had a whirlpool in it. so fun. jets propel you along really fast in a circle (of course) but it's really hard to get out. we tried once, but our bathers decided to keep going, whether we wanted to or not, so we decided to go with them!!!! so funny! am going to the market after this then tomorrow i'm going back to the baths!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb