So Stoked to Be Pumped in Booty-Brest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey yall,

Its me again. So much is to be said, We just got back from Budapest, Hungry for our weekend trip. It was definitely an experience. My week started Monday when I had to present my 10 min. long senior project on the book Hell's Angel, by far one of the easiest things in college. It was pretty dreary all week long with it raining all day, and clear at night. Wednesday we went on an adventure way out in Prague 9 to try and find go cart racing. We searched around for 4 hours to find the European Knauf Insurance, and no Go Carts. Later that afternoon Dan Leach and his Girlfriend Kristen came in to town. Thursday we walked around town and went up to the Prague version of the Eiffel Tower. It was a beautiful day until we got to the top where it started pouring rain. Needless to say we were stranded and soaked at the top. That night we caught the 12:40 train to Budapest for our first wonderful train experience. We spent the first 4 hours of our 10 hour train ride standing in the hall way with the smelliest people in Europe and no windows to be cracked. Traveling with 9 people and an over packed train was not fun. That was an experience I will never forget. We got to Pest around 11 and checked into our hostel, and walked around town. It started raining again so we headed back to the hostel and get cleaned up. We walked around their area similar to the grove and had dinner. Most of the bars/pubs close at 12 so we headed back home and stumbled upon this S&M bar across from our hostel. Another experience I will never forget. I have never been or seen so much pleather, spikes and collars in one area. In the corners of the bar were teddy bears outfitted in bondage apparel. Saturday was our tourist day. We got up early and walked to the citadel, and some statue of a famous guy who was put in a barrel with long nails and rolled down a hill. Needless to say he aint no mo, and has a huge statue and waterfall dedicated to him. After that we went to the labyrinths under the kings castle. It was pretty cool we were a few hundred meters underground in a 6 foot tall cave. Most of our tour was dark so we took random pictures to see where we were going. After our long day of walking we went to the public baths (pool) It was so cool They had 3 giant pools and in the middle of one was a whirlpool that everyone floated around in. After walkin 12 miles all day we were all exhausted and went home to take a nap. Later that night we ended up doing the same thing as the night before, walk around looking for a bar and then ending up at the S&M place. All 9 of us stuck out like a sore thumb with our bright shirts and rainbows, and it didnt help we kept requesting Bob Marley songs. The next morning we got up in a rush to try and catch our 1 pm train and found out very soon we went to the wrong train station. Luckly there was another train leaving at 3:30 only a few blocks away. After our many adventures we all came home showered and went right to sleep.

Hope all is well and enjoy the pics

Chase

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb