Exotic Europe


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
September 18th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

HofbrauhausHofbrauhausHofbrauhaus

Luke and Kel at the Beer Hall in Munich
Well we said goodbye to Rome - we didn't want to leave, but we met an Aussie couple on the last night while we were having dinner and we were talking about where we were going on our next tour, and when we mentioned Budapest, they were really excited for us. They had just come from there, and were talking about how good it is. Then we got really excited too!!

The flight to Munich was interesting. The plane was an itty bitty 45-seater. Always fun to have to catch a bus onto the runway out to your plane cause it's too little to pull up to the airport gate!!

Met our new tour group and guide, Helga, at Munich and the fun starts again. This tour group seem alot older than the last group. We met some very lovely americans and have been hanging with them.

As with the 1st tour, the guide recommends the seating on the bus is based on a rotational system, where you skip 2 seats everyday, and then swaps sides when you get to the front, so everybody gets a turn at sitting at the back, front, left, right etc. On our
PilsenPilsenPilsen

Luke visits the Brewery in Pilsen
first tour, everybody sat in the wrong seat, but nobody cared, so from then on, the unwritten rule was to sit in a different seat everyday - wherever one was free. Fairly carefree!!!

WELL - on day 2 of this tour, after the seating changes were explained 4000 times to those uncapable of basic comprehension (luke refers to them as "deadshits") people started piling onto the bus in the morning, and as usual, everyone stuffed the system. One would think with a group of adults (we are the youngest by 20 years), and remembering that every seat has a huge window, a massive fight erupted as "you're sitting in my seat" began.

We were horrified and embarassed for those involved - I might add the worst of which were aussies.

The fun of being locked up with 40 people for 10 days!!

From Munich we drove to Prague, which we loved. It's such a magic city. Very clean - we did lots of walking - and Luke was happy to find 3 Ferrari's around the city. He was more than happy to have his photo taken with them - dream on babe!!

We are now
PilsenPilsenPilsen

Luke samples the produce in Pilsen
in Budapest - very similar to Prague (only not as nice). Luke is over the moon cause the beer is about 2 euros for 500ml. He has been making the most of it.

Budapest has a famous restaurant - Gundel's - which is visited by all the celebs who visit the city, and apparently has great pancakes - so we are off to try them out in the morning.

Hope you are all well!

PS - congrats Jess and Mark on the house - that's great news!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

PraguePrague
Prague

Luke on the Charles Bridge in Prague (Praha)
Charles BridgeCharles Bridge
Charles Bridge

This is an aerial shot looking over Prague and the Charles Bridge (that Luke is standing on the previous pic)
FerrariFerrari
Ferrari

Luke dreaming!
NurnbergNurnberg
Nurnberg

Kelly inside a castle
HungaryHungary
Hungary

Crusing the Danube
HungaryHungary
Hungary

The Parliament building from our cruise on the Danube
HungaryHungary
Hungary

The Parliament Building by day
Our Wedding CakeOur Wedding Cake
Our Wedding Cake

Already thinking about our wedding (don't know if you can see, but the ingredients incl: 1400 eggs, 84L cream, 34kg sugar, 40kg flour, 28kg chocolate


18th September 2007

Eastern Europe
Good to see that you are making the most of Eastern Europe and the cheap beer prices - Make the most of it because once you hit London you will wish you were paying euro's again. Make sure when you are in Germany you stock up on the sausages. It will help digest all the pizza and pasta Luke ate in Italy.

Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb