Siatista & Megaro - Day 22


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » West Macedonia » Grevena
June 26th 2007
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We actually had a decent nights sleep last night! We drove up to Siatista today to do some errands. First we dropped Magda off at the bank and parked the car. We met up with her at the blanket store and I picked out one for me and one for my mom. Steve got one for his bed too and he also bought a rug for his room that’s really cool. It’s kind of like bronze shag with chenille alternating rows in cream color. It’s gorgeous!

We also went to the post office, bakery and to Vodaphone to buy a phone to replace the one Steve took swimming. The bakery had a vast array of exquisite confections and I was overwhelmed trying to choose. I ended up picking out some Boston Crème like things and tried a pastry that looks like shredded wheat and also got some frozen yogurt. I made the mistake of asking Magda what a particular flavor of ice cream was (sign was in Greek) because it was a weird shade of green, it turns out it was fig (yuck!) and she told the guy that it was the flavor Steve wanted. He was pissed, he doesn’t like fig. We got back from Siatista just in time to head over to Magda's sisters' for lunch around 2:30. Took a nap and fell asleep from about 4-7pm! Yikes, had a quick shower and went to Megaro to visit Steve’s paternal relatives. Whew!

After we left Megaro, we followed Uncle Charlie to Grevena to go by Steve’s cousin Taki’s Bar. It was really nice and also was an internet café. We went there with Saki, Steve B. and Uncle Charlie. At the café we met cousin Taki, his wife, his brother. Steve and I ran out and got a couple of tosts as we were starving and no real dinner was in sight. We ended up staying at the bar until about 2:30 or 3am. Saki wanted to take us to a rock and roll bar, but Uncle Charlie was having none of it since he drove Saki and Steve B. there, so they all left to go back to Megaro and we headed back to Mikrokastro. Steve and I were talking on the way home and managed to drive right past the exit to the village. Had to go up to the exit for Kozani and turn around. Dumb mistake, but only really cost us about 20 minutes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb