Arriving in Santorini


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
May 25th 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We were welcomed to Santorini by hords of hotel owners who decided that we should stay at their establishment. But we choses the basics of 'Camping Santorini' which included hard beds in a two person tent without pillows and with plenty of little bug friends. We hadn't had a decent meal since the plane ride so it was time for some real Greek food. The cobblestone streets of Fira (Thira) boast plenty of fine Greek restaraunts and tavernas. We were starving and allowed ourselves to be suckered in by the first restaurant host to approach us. The place was 'El Greco'. Half a liter of wine and lamb souvlaki later we find ourselves chatting to Tony, the manager of the place. A complimentary glass of wine each is brought out. Tony sits down and talks to us in his broken English. Then little shot glasses of Santorini wine were brought out. Tony tells us about all the places in the Island we should see. His other friend that coaxed us into the restaraunt, the host Manolos, teases him about not working. Soon he's sitting with us as well. Halfway through our conversation, his Greek accent dissapears and an Australian accent emerges. Apparently this half Greek, half Aussie fakes the Greek accent to attract more customers. Another round of complimentary shot glasses of throat burning alcohol appear. It's quarter to one and we were tired so the boys invited us to coffee the next morning. And going against all that we were taught, we said Sure!

Advertisement



28th May 2006

Finding a HUSBAND!!
Hey buddy, Glad to see you guys are working on the husband thing so quickly. Remember..... I WANT ONE TOO!!! Love you guys and have SO MUCH FUN.... FYI - I want the unparented version of this story.

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb