Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
June 22nd 2009
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow!! So I am done a week or so of this year's trip and been to Athens, Mykonos, Ios, and Santorini (arrived today). Greece is amazing as always. The 3 island cruise from Athens was good--lots of sun, but gotta love Poros and Hydra (Aegina--blah). Mykonos was a bit better than normal, but it is so expensive. We stayed in a new hotel and I liked it more than the one that we usually stay at that is even more expensive. Right on the beach and at the bus stop and a nice pool--with all the rooms looking out onto the beach.

Ios--wow! People just chill and have fun there. Scooter tour all over was great and everyone was safe. Cliff-jumped from 30ft or so (took Clint a bit to get the courage up!) and spent a couple hrs at the Oasis on Agia Theodoti. That may be the single most relaxing place in the world--and the owner (as usual) remember exactly what I eat there! Spent 2 nights eating and having margaritas at Harmony--the really chill Tex-Mex place.

Now it is Santorini--although for the first time since I have been coming we saw clouds today, it is nice as always. Got the scooters and explored a bit and tomorrow should be a long day in the sun exploring. This place really never gets old.

Anyway, weak entries so far, but will do more when I hit up new spots! Hope everyone is well back home. . .4 1/2 weeks left!

Advertisement



22nd June 2009

I don't remember what the sun looks like? Rain for almost two weeks here. And the 10day forcast has rain/thundershowers for the next 10 days! Don't believe me? check for yourself!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb