Santorini Island, Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
June 23rd 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Off the beaten pathOff the beaten pathOff the beaten path

Here is a random beach we found while driving the 4 wheeler . . . we had to climb and hike to get here but the water felt good when we got there.
After a few days on the island we think we may have mastered the art of relaxation! This is such a unique place we are absolutely loving it here!! We arrived Sunday early morning after a 26 minute puddle jumper flight over here from Athens. Yesterday we hit up the beach and just swam and layed in beach chairs overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. As if laying on a beach isn't relaxing enough, here in Santorini they have BEDS and COUCHES with huge fluffy pillows right on the beach! It's a dream come true!! Our hotel is right on the Sea and our room has a balcony overlooking the Sea. We could get used to this. Today we went on a self guided tour of this island via a four wheeler. We both agree it was the greatest four wheeler ride of all time. The sweet thing about the Greek Islands is that 4 wheelers are street legal. Last night when we found out about renting 4 wheelers we had visions of dominating the island. Over 7 hours we made a big circle around the island going to 4 different beaches and taking a dip at each of them. Because the island is not too huge we were able to see amost the entire island during our self guided tour. And . . . we never got lost . . . it was actually real easy to navigate (not a ton of roads to choose from). Now we are off to dinner on the beach . . . hope you enjoy the pics!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The views from the islandThe views from the island
The views from the island

Another view along the 4 wheeler ride


23rd June 2008

Roghin' it !!!!
So happy to hear you are enjoying the Island!!!! I went wheelin' to the Artesian Well yesterday, somehow I think your swim in the Sea was a little better than my cup of Artesian well water :)!!?? Keep the pictures coming--Thanks, Love, Mom
24th June 2008

Wheelin.. heck yes
Yo YO I think I may need to stop reading these blog posts, I get more jealous with every entry i read. Anyways it looks like your having a blast and wheeling all over the island on an atv sounds like a great time! I also thought you may be interested to know, that I now get a text message every time you update your blog (no joke) so i know within a few minutes of an update. As for the Campaign news, John McCain has clinched the Republican seat, and is expected to sweep in November.
24th June 2008

Soooo, if I wasn't already jealous of your month long honeymoon, you guys have to add 4 wheeling in the Greek Islands to the mix? You're killing me here! Haha... It looks like you are having a ton of fun, and you're not even a week in! The pictures look amazing, everything there looks so scenic, it almost looks like a painting! Great job on the blogs, they are very complete and grammatically correct, we can tell you are both teachers!
28th June 2008

AHHHHHHHH I am going crazy lookng at this stuff! The sun, the places, the food, the activites! WOWOWOWOWOW! I love you guys

Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 18; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1153s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb