Honeymoon at Astarte suites in Santorini island


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
July 16th 2008
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Santorini, Thira, Stroggili, or Santa Irini, are many different names for the same beautiful island I visited with my wife for our honeymoon. After reading hundrends of reviews regarding Santorini island I concluded that this was the right choice for our Honeymoon. The next step as you can understand was to book the flight tickets and one of the nicest hotel possible. The first part was easy, since two greek airline companies had about twice everyday direct flights from Athens to Santorini airport. But, the second part.. yes, how to choose the right hotel among hundrends one? Therefore, I started searching hotels with 5 and 4 stars rating. Guess what? There were still around one hundrend hotels on my list.

I found out that there were 3 regions, which are less crowded so as to enjoy and avoid heavy buzz.

One of them is called Akrotiri village. Akrotiri village is located to one of the cornerstones of Santorini, which is about 15min. from Fira by car, and near to more of the island's beaches.

Ok, I selected the area so now I had to decide among 30 hotels. The bad thing was that most of them were hardly 4 star hotels.

Then when I believed that I had run out of luck, I received the F.T. newspaper. You are now all asking how did receiving a newspaper helped? The answer is simple. While I was reading the newspaper I saw an article regarding Santorini island. The journalist recommended a family running hotel near Akrotiri village! The name of that hotel was Astarte suites.

So I google on Internet found the site and it was just perfect for my honeymoon.

I booked the tickets and the Junior suite with private jacuzzi for a 7night stay.

The view from the window of the airplane as we were landing to Santorini airport was exstatic.

Upon arrival there was a driver from the hotel, who transfered us to Astarte suites. After about 10 min. of driving the driver told us that we were there. The best view from all the time we were inside the car was just in front of the hotel. The Volcano and the whole island of Santorini was visible from our hotel! We went down some steps and we entered the hotel. The very kind receptionist showed us the way to our suite. As we were going towards the suite, there is was.

The infinity swimming pool with the relaxing sunbeds ever.

We continued and entered our suite. Fantastic!!! Big king bed, jacuzzi and on the ceiling there were swarofski stones. Then the chef came inside nd welcomed us with a champagne and some fresh fruits.

That was the best beginning for our honeymoon.

The thing that I noticed was that all the hotel was booked however you had the feeling that you were just relaxing alone without many other guests around. This was possible because of each suite's private terrace. Therefore, we had privacy in order to enjoy our honeymoon without any other people near us.

The three days of relaxation we decided with the assistance of the receptionist to rent a car and explore the island. Our first destination was Red beach, which was near the hotel and was marvelous. All around red rocks and a very nice scenery. Next we went to Fira, the main capital of Santorini. It was so crowded that after 30 minutes we left back to Astarte in order to find our peace. We decided not to go again to Fira.

The last day we went to Oia, a small traditional village with many nice places to shoot some pictures.

Oia was consisted of many many many (it's not a typing mistake) hotels. I was relieved that we didn't stay there since privacy would be absent.

Unfortunately, the last day came and we had to leave from that beautiful hotel and island. Hopefully, next year we will visit again both for our anniversary.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb