Santoirini- More than Just a View


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
September 18th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Donkey Rides...Donkey Rides...Donkey Rides...

Poor guys just go up and down 500 steps all day!
Hi Guys!

First and foremost, happy birthday Mommy!! We're sorry we cant be with you, but we hope you had a special day. We'll celebrate when we get back. Secondly, sorry that we havent been consistent with the blog but we've been up and about enjoying every second of this gorgeous island. The ferry ride over here was great because we had our own cabin and it was a large boat, sort of cruise like. Our hotel is phenomenal, right on the cliff overlooking the entire island and the volcano. We are outside the main town of Thira, but we are totally happy that we decided to stay in this area. Yesterday we met another couple from Canada- ay! The four of us watched the sunset and we even had dinner with them in town. A quick note about the sunset, it is remarkable and lives up to the hype surrounding it. Every night, the cliff is filled with picture takers and as soon as the sun slips into the ocean, a thunderous applause always follows. If we had decided to spend two weeks on this island alone, we would've been happy (altough Mykonos' night life kicks booty).

Anyway,
Perissa Black Sand BeachPerissa Black Sand BeachPerissa Black Sand Beach

Hot hot hot tamale on the toes!
we once again rented an ATV and started exploring the island, including the black sand beaches, the picturesque town of Oia and Kev's favorite, the secret swimming hole in the fishing town of Ammoudi. If you've seen "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants", then you know how beautiful the area is. Kevin got me into the water and neglected to tell me that I was swimming next to a barracuda the entire time!! Thank God he didn't, I would have freaked! We visited two wineries, one with an excellent view and the other with excellent wine. Tonight we're planning on dining at Senor Zorbas, an authentic Mexican restaurant (we've had one too many Greek salads).

Today's funny point was when we went up a one way street THAT DIDN'T ALLOW TRAFFIC! Our attempt at a U Turn was so horrendous that all of the diners, market owners and shoppers were staring, pointing and laughing at our misfortune. It was really an embarrassing scene. Stupid Americans!

We're only here for one more day and boy are we sad. Tomorrow we plan on taking a tour of the volcano and hot springs which we hear is a "must see" for Santorini.
Santorini SunsetSantorini SunsetSantorini Sunset

This pic does not do it justice...


Signing off for now. More to follow.

Love,

Christina & George



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Port Town of ThiraPort Town of Thira
Port Town of Thira

Three ways up: 1-donkey 2-cable car 3-walking stick
Blue Dome ChurchesBlue Dome Churches
Blue Dome Churches

No matter how many you see, they're still beautiful


19th September 2007

Who?
I am glad you are having fun but where is Kevin and who is George?
19th September 2007

Greece make for geat country with superb transport!
Jetamine! George and Beth, we are missing you in the U S and A! We look forward to your arrival back home. We have all been keeping busy, I have been playing many games with American people. We play the table tennis, daning to disco musics and killing many gypsies. I hear very funny joke the other day, a woman is run for president of U S and A!!! A woman!!! Also very strange thing, man with chocolate face will try to win for President and want to stop the Bush war of terror! Please write back to us and let us know when we can pick you up after you return on the silver bird of the sky. Loves and misses, Yaksemat, Borat and Pamerla Andersons
19th September 2007

Great photos! Keep 'em coming.
Wow, you guys are really getting around. When does the vacation end? I love your photos, Just like in the travel brochures, I didn't realize this place was so cool. And I can just picture you guys the wrong way up a one-way, dead end street. We'll forgive you for being inconsistent with the blog, we miss the daily updates, but we'll be happy for whatever we get.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb