Paros


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Paros
May 21st 2008
Published: May 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've been in Paros for about 4 days now, but to be honest, we haven't been that impressed! We got over here on an early boat and thankfully found acc easy from a recommendation, then spent the rest of the day on the beach which was fine. But apart from that, there isn't much else to do! We had read that it was a bit of a party island but Llandudno seems busy in comparison to here. It's pretty quiet. We've tried exploring some of the beaches that were supposed to be amazing, but really were not that great - although they were in the middle of nowhere and the buses weren't what you'd call exactly regular, so that made for nearly 2 hours waiting at a bus stop!

Yesterday we visited Antiparos which is an island that used to be linked to Paros but split in an earthquake a good few thousand years ago. We were meant to be going to see a cave with 300 steps down to the bottom floor which sounded pretty good. Unfortunately we didn't find out until we got to the island that the cave doesn't open for the season until Sunday. Antiparos town wasn't large, so we walked round and got the next ferry home!

Not too many pictures of Paros - really because it looks very similar to the other Cycladic islands! So unfortunately not much to report on this one! We're off to Mykonos tomorrow, and are thinking of looking for jobs there. The famous island of Delos is just off the coast as well, so hopefully we'll have more to say in our next entry! Sorry for the moany tone of this one :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb