Island Hopping


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
August 16th 2014
Published: August 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

MykonosMykonosMykonos

Windmills
We have been playing in the Greek islands for the last few days. After our fantastic last meal at Lithos restaurant we departed Athens early the next morning on a fast ferry to Mykonos, the weather was perfect, beautiful blue skies and equally as blue waters.

We were looking forward to meeting up with Aimee and Whitney from work, they had just finished a 49 day bus tour of Europe, you can imagine they were a little tired, but they still managed to entertain with us with stories of their adventures! We were also meeting up with Lisa from work and her friend Jo. Lisa loves the Greek Islands and didn't want to miss out on any of the fun, so she took holidays and came too (as you do). We meet up with the girls again in Santorini in a few days time.

We were tired from a few late nights and sightseeing under a scorching sun in Athens, so most of our time in Mykonos was spent relaxing around the pool and gazing at the scenery as it's just so beautiful. It's peak season in the Greek Islands so it was was very busy in Mykonos.
MykonosMykonosMykonos

Little Venice

Next stop for us was the island Paros, about a one hour boat ride from Mykonos. George's good friend Pete and his family have a holiday home on the island. We visited what I call their 'compound', at the time of our visit they had 22 people staying there...it's big...there are separate wings for each grown up child and their respective families. There was Pete and his family, his sister Zeffy and her family, Pete's dad, Pete's cousin Emanuel and his family visiting from Australia, and Emanuel's mum and dad. Pete and his family were very welcoming and greeted us with, you guessed it...a customary shot this one is called souma, I think it's a grape blend, but equally as potent and not that pleasant tasting (in my opinion). Pete's sister Zeffy made us a very tasty frappe and served up a plate of tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, olives and capers served with fresh bread...delicious!

Pete played tour guide for a day and took us to a small island called Antiparos. To get to this island Pete drove his car onto the ferry and off we went, we spent a great day swimming and relaxing in the beautiful,warm Mediterranean waters. We finished the day back at Pete's family's holiday house to watch a beautiful Greek island sunset over the bluest of blue waters.

Paros is a very pretty island and a lot quieter than Mykonos, holiday makers and locals spend their days beach and beach bar hopping, there is no shortage of beaches on the island. Tom Hanks has a holiday home on Paros, even though we drove past we don't think he was home that day!

We all enjoyed our few days on Paros, thanks to Pete and his family.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Paros catsParos cats
Paros cats

Real and not so real
Mykonos Mykonos
Mykonos

Some cute couple
Mykonos Mykonos
Mykonos

Sunset and a windmill
MykonosMykonos
Mykonos

View from our room
Mykonos Mykonos
Mykonos

Windmills at night
Mykonos Mykonos
Mykonos

Little Venice at night


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb