The Island Lifes for Me!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Ios
June 4th 2008
Published: June 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We made it to Ios last night, and its as fantastic as everybody says. We got up yesterday at half 5 packed up and jumped on the metro. took that to the port town of pireaus and hustle our way onto a 7:30 ferry to ios. as we approuched the island after seven hours on the ferry, i noticed that we were going around the island on the wrong side. between my compass and my map i was able to determine which island was ios, and that we were in fact headed first to santorini and then back to ios, thus making or journey ten hours instead of the seven the woman in the travel office told us.

Once of the ferry we found a bloke that was from the hotel we booked and he rode us around town showing us the sites. this place is magic. i looks just like the pictures. white washed buildings every where, up hillsides, down valleys, and right up to the water. ive spent most of today so far mishing around town looking for some sort of job, but without any luck yet. im sorting out a backup plan in the mean time, just in case.

I still havent had any luck with my computer but im opptimistic its something small that any computer wiz we laugh at me for. either way ill try to get some pictures up soon. now its back to the streets to explore alittle more.
(to be pronounced) yah sahs -from greece

Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb