Bodysurfing


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Corfu
June 25th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bigger waves today gave us the chance to show the kids how to bodysurf – it was a blast. Then we took our blow up raft out and Will then Marika rode the big waves with me holding on.

Today was a beach and hang out and chill day.

A peek at Trip Advisor pays appropriate tribute to the food at Taverna Sebastian – his mother is the force behind the over-the-moon Greek cuisine using regional fare. The tavern is large, tiled and brightly dotted with yellow and blue linens and very, very popular!!!. It is all, of course, outside and utterly shaded by their lush (!) grapevine which covers the tavern and from which they make their own wine each fall – enough for 1,000 litres with a good harvest sys Sebastian. We were fortunate to get their large and just renovated huge family apartment where the owner and his wife used to live– big bright comfy living room and dining room / kitchen divided with a counter. Immaculate tiled bathroom and each with our own bedroom. I reach out the kitchen window and plucked a lemon off the tree (no, really). The about 300 square foot private terrace overlooks the grapevine roof of the tavern at one end and looks down onto the narrow road ending at the beach cluttered with tavernas, food stores and local craft stores at the other.

The owner is a big U2 fan - stayed up late last night watching one of their concerts on the telly. Then at dinner he spoke with a newly arrived guest to find out the guest worked for many many years with Rolling Stone magazine and toured with U2 - wonder how deep into the ouzo they plunged last night?


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Marika and taverna staffMarika and taverna staff
Marika and taverna staff

Marika showing them pictures of our winters on the ipad


Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb