Just over a week.............


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Heraklion
June 15th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've been here just over a week now. The tans have gone from lobster red to a suttle brown now so we are starting to blend in. We've got a hire car and have visited loads of good towns/sites. Visited Knossos palace the other day. Was built around 6000 years ago and the stuff they did and had are amazing. This was all 4000BC! They had proper water pipes running around the palace because they wouldnt drink from the local river. When they excavated the site they found vases, flasks, hair pins, marble "board games" and loads of other stuff.

Went to the local waterpark and am battered and bruised from all the slides and rides.😊 The temp is usually around 30oC but we were walking around in 36oC on Wed! There is always a cool breeze so its comfortable.

All the people are polite and we are just about getting to grips with Basic Greek- hello, goodbye etc

We are staying about 10 miles from Iraklion (the capital) We leave here on the 20th and probably travelling to the south of the island to a famous place called Matala. In the 60's and 70'd hippies used to live in little, dug out, holes on the caves that surround the beach. My dad went there in the 70's so I would lime to do the same.

We are poping out now for a few drinks and a greek salad (abolutely delicious and filling)

All the best people, Speak soon 😊



Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb