2 weeks of bliss in the Greek Islands


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Heraklion
September 12th 2006
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The resort Pool at Eri BeachThe resort Pool at Eri BeachThe resort Pool at Eri Beach

Where we spent many a day lazing
Joey and I thought the best thing after a couple of busy months at work would be a break in the sunshine!! So we jumped on a plane and headed to a nice warm spot in Crete.

Our bags were packed for swimming, clubbing, hiking, mountain treking, you name it!! We were happy to out of London and appreciating long warm days lazing by the pool sipping on cocktails!!

Our accomdation, Erie Palace was set high upon a great hill with a lovely view of the Heraklion coast. The food was great, the people were great, we loved it!!!

Most nights we went for a stroll along the promenade, where the cafes and night clubs were buzzing with people...if you felt like an ice cream, a coffee, a yeros, a coktail, a dance...it was all there at your feet!! It is a fantastic nightlife in Crete!!

If we weren't taking a stroll, we would jump on our 4 wheeler moto and let the wind through our hair as we went exploring on windy roads up mountains and slong beaches.

Joey turned 26 on Sept 18, so we thought we would take the advice the locals gave
UsUsUs

Just about to view the sunset in Oia
us and jump on a cat and head to Santorini for a couple of days. Pulling into the port was amazing! The whole of Santorini is spread across a huge cliff. This place is truely amazing!! On Joey's birthday we climbed a volcano and swam in hot springs...and to top the day off we sat and watched a beautiful Santorini sunset whilst sipping on Santorini wine!!

Some lovely days were had at the beahces in Santorini, the water so clear and just so different to what we know...we really did feel like we were on a exotic island!!

We made so many special friends, including a lovely couple from Melbourne, Jamie and Janine. the four of us just got along so well, we hope to keep in touch with them.

We certainly did have a ball in Greece, we fell in love with the lifestyle, the people and the surroundings that it offered!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Santorini's VolacanoSantorini's Volacano
Santorini's Volacano

Bernadette and the crater. It has now been inactive for 25 years
Santorini's VolacanoSantorini's Volacano
Santorini's Volacano

Come on Joey, show us those muscles
The boysThe boys
The boys

Joey and Jamie sipping on Greek coffee...'You wanna the Greek coffee?'
On board the A G Nikolas shipOn board the A G Nikolas ship
On board the A G Nikolas ship

After the sun has gone down on the sunset cruise


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb