And so to Crete.........


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Analipsi
August 1st 2012
Published: August 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Not quite – first make the cake (egg and dairy free of course). Not as simple as it sounds with only a tiny caravan kitchen, a small unreliable calor oven and no cake tins big enough (plus being in a small town with very little in the way of shops (have we mentioned this before?)). Anyway John very kindly let us use his kitchen and tins and the cake itself came out better than we could have hoped for. Then a day trip to Aberystwyth for the bride and groom to put on the top followed by a trawl through decorations on the internet – then we just had to get it there! Luckily airport security let it through (quick tip - if you want to fly with anything dodgy put it in a cake) and it flew unscathed, Jackie spent a nervous morning decorating it on the balcony – but at least there was cake (which was quite a surprise for Emma and Andy).

The wedding day itself started with a torrential downpour – Emma and Andy even tried to postpone the wedding – but luckily the rain stopped and everything dried up with an hour to go. The setting could not have been better and we make no apologies for the number of pictures we have posted – it was fantastic. The most amusing part was when Isabella the wedding organiser referred to Trevor and Bryan as the ‘two daddies’. It was a wonderful day and none of us wanted it to end, which is why we ended up dancing like idiots in the lounge bar where everyone else was sitting politely listening to the music, oh well someone has to do it.

Then we all shared the honeymoon.

The resort was great with lots of swimming pools and we had great fun with the inflatables Emma insisted we all took, doesn’t Trevor look sweet in the pink paddling pool.

We took a boat trip, which turned into a bit of a booze cruise – not sure you should drink that really strong orange stuff and then throw yourself into the sea – the captain could have warned us you couldn’t touch the bottom, still Jackie proved you could snorkel wearing a giant rubber ring!

Suzie taught us one of her student drinking games – beer pong, marvellous but you do get drunk very quickly and it’s a bit messy as you seem to spill a lot.

The week went very quickly and all to soon it was time to return home, or in our case the caravan.

PS it was nice to catch up with Bryan and Gill after so many years.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb