Final reflections


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Piraeus
August 13th 2010
Published: August 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today, our leaving day.
It seems impossible that our trip is done and we are now packing to go home. At this point we're quite efficient in our morning packing for day trips, but somehow, planning for the trip home seems inefficient to our travels! There is so much world to explore, it would be a wonderful life to wander and discover! Alas, it is time to go home and share all our stories and experiences with our friends and family...not such a bad deal!!
Some final reflections on our journey:

Anywhere you go, there will be people who are determined to bask in their own negativity and remain in a self serving bubble. But there will also always be the people who make traveling -and life in general- such a wonderful endeavour. People whose hearts extend well beyond their own life and experiences and are completely willing to reach out and help a complete stranger for no other reason than it felt like the right thing to do. It is people like this that make traveling a completely foreign country possible. We have met many people like this and will use their kindnesses to fuel our own capabilities to pave the way for others.

We have been reminded of the sheer beauty in the world, the need to stop to smell the flowers, and the necessity of using our mind as a camera to capture and eternally hold all the wonders in life that kindle our spirits.

We will have amazing pictures and videos to share when we return (shortly!) once I am reunited with my cables left in France!!! We're looking forward to seeing our family and friends and getting caught up with everyone!

Much love from Europe!

The Happy Travelers,
Lana & Gail

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb