Mike's Cool Soccer Post


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
June 4th 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

 Karaiskaki Stadium, Athens Karaiskaki Stadium, Athens Karaiskaki Stadium, Athens

Olympiakos Football Club
Greece was playing Malta in the Euro 2012 qualifiers on Saturday, June 4th at Karaiskaki Stadium, Athens. Greece was second in their group, but a win against Malta would put them back at the top. Because Malta is not one of the strongest teams, there were only about three thousand people at the Olympiakos FC stadium. Nevertheless the Greek FC fans were deafening.
The game started and about fifteen minutes in, a young Greek named Fetfazitis scored off the cross of Greeceā€™s right back. He was left standing in front of the goal and he just slotted it in. He scored again only to be called off sides. The Greeks had plenty of chances including a cross that was headed out of the Malta goal by a Greek player. But soon enough another goal came off a free kick and Greece was up 2-0. Later Fetfazitis added a third point after a mistake by the Malta keeper when the Greece's right back crossed again. Malta scored later but it was all too little too late. Greece was back at the top of their group and has a good chance of making Euro 2012. PLS SCROLL DOWN TO SEE ALL PICS!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Greece vs MaltaGreece vs Malta
Greece vs Malta

Euro 2012 Playoff
3-0 3-0
3-0

The Kallivokas fans go CRAZY!


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb