Acropolis


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
April 9th 2009
Published: April 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greek foodGreek foodGreek food

Really big chocolate coissants
Austin
I saw the Parthenon today. It is being renovated by two cranes. 12 civilizations over time had separately existed below the various layers of earth. It was truely an impressive piece of art and structure. My travelling homework today was to do my art project, drawing a picture of Athena's statue. I also entered a page in my log and read about the Parthenon.


Something strange happened today. When we were walking down from the Acropolis, there were a bunch of people in the pathway who were selling products including water, umbrellas, and squishy toys. They were almost harassing tourists, and a tourism police car came by. They all ran and hid in the woods, except for one who stayed behind who was told to go away because he didn’t have a license to sell goods. All the others came back out immediately when the police disappeared.


The restaurants were also interesting. As we passed each restaurant, someone came out trying to show us the menu and tell us why this was the place that we were looking for. Pressure sales is common in Athens. But the food was really good. We tried the Kabobs, gelato, and some giant chocolate coissants (found local bakery).
-----------------

Lily
Lily thought her class would be interested in the photo of the theater donated by Mr. Atticus, a wealthy Roman, from the past. She entered in her log, but not her Blog yet today.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



10th April 2009

Yummy Crossiants
Those are huge Crossiants! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your adventure!

Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb