Welcome to Greece!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
December 26th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrived in Athens, and Jay and Alex met us at the airport. It was so great to see their faces on the other side of the customs gate! It even offset the fact that our bags didn't arrive with us!

After waiting for our bags for 45 minutes or so, it was clear that they wouldn't show up (this seems to be a common theme in my travelling history!). We filed our report with the airline and they told us our bags should be delivered tomorrow - to our hotel. It isn't really a surprise that our bags got lost considering we had to transfer three times: at Seattle, Amsterdam and Paris.

So after we filed our report with the airline we caught the metro with Jay and Alex to downtown Athens. The metro is very cheap, only 80 cents, but for some reason to take the metro to the airport it costs €6. Oh well, it is just money.

The hotel is very nice, we have an amazing view of the Acropolis and the Temple of Zeus. We can also see Hadrian's Arch from our hotel room. I'll post some pictures in tomorrow's blog entry.

Hopefully the jet lag isn't too bad....

Advertisement



31st December 2008

Should I ask--did you learn from our last experience in Peru? If not you will now!

Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb