Rome and Athens, all ruined


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
November 14th 2005
Published: November 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

So we left Florence after having a wicked time and then made our way to Rome. At Rome we stayed in a tiny hostel in the middle of the city and met a few cool guys from Oz and the UK. We saw the Colleseum ( i know i spelt it wrong! as i will do for everything else), the Pantheon, had a laugh at the dresses on the Swiss guards of Vatican City, saw the Spanish Steps, and lots of other well famous bits and pieces. After 4 days in Rome we jumped on a train and went south to Brindisi where we stayed at a hostel for the night and then boarded a ferry destined for Patra in Greece. After 16 hours on the big boat, we hopped on a train and arrived in Athens around 4 in the arvo. Finding the hostel was fun as the train only goes to the outskirts of the city and we had to hike into the nearest metro, 2 k's away. We made it to the Hostel aruond 6 quickly setteled in. This hostel is run by Aussies and its really good and relaxing. We've seen the main ruins here, as well as all the others that are everywhere in the city. We plan to see an island or two in the few remaining days we have here before flying to Berlin. I havn't got any photos with me at the moment but i will upload some next time i remember.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb