Athens2


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens » Alimos
August 22nd 2012
Published: August 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arefiinally on a computer and can see what you have written. Thanks for all the blogs and we can see the full screen and no predictive text. Just had a meal in hotel restaurant didnt enjoy it much and cost us a lot of money. Have noticed the difference in cost of things from Italy to Greece. We were paying up to 3 euro for a bottle of water and now only 40cents. In Italy we were paying up to 2 euro to go to the loo now we dont pay but arent able to put toilet paper down the loo(goes in an open bin beside the toilet) - We are glad we arent the maids! Fortunately we didnt have queus in Rome because we had tour guides so paid quite a bit but was well worth it especially in the searing heat. Couldnt get over the amount of marble both in Italy and Greece. This tour is exceptional, well organised and dont have to carry any bags far as the are becoming quite heavy. Lots of junk but having good time. In Greece millions of olive trees and also orange trees. The economy here is buggered and we can see why as they open at 9.30 and close at 2.30 Monday, Wednesday, Saturday. Sunday closed. Tuesday and Thursday they reopen after seista @ 4.30 for a couple of hours. We arrived in Athens today and with a population of 5 million people cant go shopping after 2.30. Italian food suited us but havent enjoyed a greek meal yet as everything is smothered or cooked in lots of olive oil. Dubai was great with public toilets with room to swing a couple of cats. They were sometimes just about as big as some of the Hotel rooms we have had. Tonight we are 4 star so have room for our suitcases on the floor and room to walk around the beds but they are touching in the middle as they have been all the time. First time we have had coffee making facilities and pull out clothes line in bathroom. First time we thought there was a clothes line and pull the cord only to get a telephone call to say we had pulled the emergency cord and were we okay. Seeing heaps, loving it all, too much to take in all at once. We will try and get some photos loaded soon. Off on the cruise for 3 days, day after tomorrow.

Cheers Bev & Lynette.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb