Still in Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Schleswig-Holstein
February 24th 2009
Published: February 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

FerryFerryFerry

The ferry across the Keil canal
Saturday 21st February
Today was Holger's big birthday! The reason we started this trip in the first place . Birgit Rob and I took him his presents to him in his bedroom and sang Happy Birthday to him. I think he enjoyed it?
Holger's brother,sister, nieces and step mum all came for lunch, it was lovely to meet them all. They had come from different places, Hamburg, Munich and Tria, a town near to the Luxemburg border, by plane and car.
There were 60 people at the Restaurant Forstbaumschule, school friends, colleagues,neighbours, relatives and friends, and they had all brought some momento of their relationship to Holger to put in an album It was a good idea.
We enjoyed an Italian style buffet with some really nice wine and a good time was had by all. They were all teasing us about getting through the Alps and the snow .I hope it won't be true!


Sunday 22 February.
We were up early even though we went to bed very late, to go to breakfast at the Hotel where Holger's relatives were staying it was verygood well upto German standards.
Birgits daughter is an academic
LighthouseLighthouseLighthouse

Lighthouse in Holtenau
concerned with town planning and she was telling us about her trip to Bangla desh to present a paper, on Monday.
In the afternoon we went for a walk along the beach and when we got home we were all worn out and we all went to bed early.



Monday 23 February

In the morning we went into Kiel city centre and visited the shopping mall . Later we took a tiny little ferry across the Kiel canal , it took about 10 minutes to get across, we walked along the canal side up to an old light house , it was a very nice cool but sunny day.



Tuesday 24 February

This should have been our last day, but Birgit persuaded us to stay untill Wednesday, she has invited Jule to have dinner with us.
We went to Ikea this after noon, just like home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Keil CanalKeil Canal
Keil Canal

View of the Keil canal from the ferry


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb