On to Deutchland!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
May 4th 2006
Published: July 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Castle in DresdenCastle in DresdenCastle in Dresden

Here's where AlliGator tied the knot May 11, 2006
Joel and I took the plane and train to Dresden, GR. We woke up and caught the taxi at an insane time - 4:30 AM! Yikes! No one in their right mind should be awake at that time - although it does make for a quiet London.

We arrived early to Dresden, so we caught my family off guard. I spotted my sister in the huge train station and called out and started walking towards her. She was shocked and smiling that I was there already. So nice to see her again after a number of months. My dad was checking the train schedule to find the landing dock number so he soon after joined us and my parents were all hugs. It was nice to be reunited with familiar people in an unfamiliar place! Grady, Allison's fiancee was there too.

We grabbed the tram and took our bags to store them for the day at Allio and Grady's soon-to-be apartment (they're friends with the current owners) and then we went for traditional doner-kabobs. Joel doesn't eat meat so he enjoyed a salad while we sampled the traditional Turkish delicacy. Yum.

Then it was off to sight-see downtown Dresden. It would of been great except for the fact that Joel and I were up at such an insane time in the morning. Yeek! We were tired and ready to head back to Allio's apartment before they were.

We went to check out the castle where AlliGator (Allison and Grady - their nickname) were to be married and all the gardens. What a beautiful place! (picture attached). And then we headed back to Allio's place (thankfully) after getting the bags.

Joel stayed with the Rossel's down the street and dad, mom and I bunked in Allio's room. Nice cozy quarters.

It was nice to finally be in the place where Allison had learned to call home. She grew a lot in Germany and made a lot of significant changes - including a fiancee! And now we were in Germany to help her celebrate this union. Splendid.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb