Dresden


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
April 10th 2006
Published: April 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bratwurst!Bratwurst!Bratwurst!

Bratwurst time!
We got a lift through the Mitfahrzentrale from Berlin to Dresden. Our driver, Steffen Rudig is a citizen of the former DDR and although he didn't really speak any english, we were able to converse in german somewhat and he answered all the questions we had on what life was like in the DDR before the fall of the Berlin Wall, after the fall of the Berlin Wall and his hopes for the future of former East Germany.

We arrived in Dresden about 9pm and found our hostel, the Lollis Homesatay with relative ease. The hostel is small and all the rooms are individually decorated in some quite strange fashions. Our dorm was the 'religion room' and featured various murals of the mother mary and a Jewish Passover meal together with a copy of both the Bible and the Qu'ran. One of the rooms even featured a full-size eEast German car which you could sleep in. Unfortunately one of our room-mates, a rather large german was a snorer and neither Adam or I got very much sleep at all.

The next morning, we tried to walk around Dresden but the rain and our tiredness got to us, so we
DresdenDresdenDresden

Dresden
sacked it off and ended up back in the hostel drinking tea before catching our train to Prague. Despite being much smaller than Berlin, Dresden does have a certain charm - if you like East German buildings!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb