Dresden, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
April 6th 2010
Published: April 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a very long day we arrived in Dresden Tuesday morning at 8:30 am Luckily our hotel room was ready for us so we were able to check in and get settled. By 10 am we were walking around the city, enjoying the sunshine and trying to fight jet lag. The city was rebuilt after being bombed in WW2 was totally and they have kept the old style architecture in all of the remodeling Beyond The city is beautiful. We enjoyed a nice morning walk across the bridge to the "new town" for great views back to the "old town" and then had a great lunch at an outdoor cafe overlooking the Elbe River. We climbed the dome of the Frauenkirche, which was reopened in 2005 after being rebuilt.
We walked through the pedestrian shopping streets and of course found a Starbucks for an afternoon pick-me-up. Then enjoyed the kennel an amazing old palace with fountains and an Asian porcelain collection to die for!
By 4 pm, Kim was falling asleep so we decided to grave a quick bite and head for the hotel.
We are taking a morning train to Berlin for the day tomorrow!



Additional photos below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb