Driving Driving....20th - 22nd September: Dresden, GERMANY


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
September 21st 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a numerous amount of toilet stops (again….three girls…) and a lunch stop for goulash soup, we arrived in Dresden 7 hours later. Yes it was a long long drive, and to my unfortunate luck I am the only driver on this road trip as mum and Sam are too scared…




Dresden like all the other towns and cities has an old part and a new part. Only the old part of Dresden is actually the new part due to the war, and we had booked into a hostel in the new part, which was actually very very old. Mum was in shock as our hostel was in the equivalent of ‘the ghetto’ of Dresden. In comparison to Munich, it was a disappointing city… but the history and the architecture made up for its dirty, gloomy, unfriendly sleezy first appearance.



The hostel we stayed at was called Mondpalast. Im not sure what ‘mond’ means but ‘palast’ is was NOT! We had dinner nearby, as the walk around a dark city late at night was not an option for us, (again….three girls). The next day (21st September) we spent sightseeing and trying to discover what people loved about this unfortunate town. After a long day of walking, we settled on some local comfort food and a suck at the local shisha bar. We were only staying 1 night here, and had no intention or want, to stay any longer...



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb