Ahhhhh...Relaxation


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Chemnitz
July 7th 2012
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It's been a very relaxing day today which has been welcome. Last night we had dinner at a cute little local place within walking distance of the bungalow. Very traditional German menu with cute little biergarten outside. I had a brat, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Ralf had what he called a meatball but it actually looked and tasted like a little meatloaf...very tasty! I thought of you Jamie!

Today after our morning run Ralf went to the butcher to pick up ingredients for breakfast. I knew that sounded strange and even stranger when he came home with 4 kinds of meat for breakfast and fresh rolls which are called broten and the main staple for German breakfasts. The most common type is actually similar to a ciabatta roll. Back to the meat...he unwrapped the package and I recognnized the salami which is also the staple and the breakfast sausage which is raw ground pork mixed with egg and a special seasoning. I have to admit that it is actually pretty tastz once you get pst the raw part! He also had bacon which was small round slices (weird!) and drumroll....pig tongue! It is easily the most disgusting thing I have ever seen so I hope you enjoy the picture of it!

Tonight, dinner, bowling and dancing with some friends and family. Should be a fun nighr. Tomorrow, a boat ride on the river near here with Ralf's dad and their friends. Hope the weather warms up as it is pretty chilly here today!

I will add the pictures tomorrow. No time to upload them now but make sure you come back for the pig tongue picture!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Pig tonguePig tongue
Pig tongue

Delicacy or disgusting?!
The drew for dinnerThe drew for dinner
The drew for dinner

Several of Ralf's closest friends and their wives
BowlingBowling
Bowling

Yes I did have a higher score than Ralf!
DSC01303DSC01303
DSC01303

Before the dance floor opened!
BowlingBowling
Bowling

with Martina


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb