Its almost over


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Sankt Goar
August 20th 2006
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

All dressed upAll dressed upAll dressed up

Before Mozart concert in Vienna with Alix
Hi all,

Seems so long since I last wrote, can't really remember when that was so if I repeat I'm sorry.

We went to Vienna in Austria and went to a Mazart and Strauss musuem. Very nice, getting all dressed up is also good for a change. Have been to sooooo many places recently that they tend to blur into one.

After that we were in Munich, went to the Hofaurhaus sp? which is the most famous one in the world. Had to have a couple of drinks would have been rude not to. The drinks come in 1 litre steins, managed to get through a couple - was pleased with that effort.

Earlier that day we had been to a Concentration camp in Austria. A really moving experience, many people were in tears after the movie, luckily i had seen some of the pictures before so I knew what was coming. Walking around was quite spooky really thinking about how many people lived and died there. I'm gald I did it, will never forget it.

After Munich we went back to Austria where we went white water rafting. We had another interesting day, we went
At the beer hallAt the beer hallAt the beer hall

Exercising the arm muscles, 1 litre is a lot to lift
mountain bike riding in the morning through some Austrian ski fields, it was the first beautiful day they had in 3 weeks so we were lucky. Beautiful views. In the afternoon we went parasailing - where you run off a cliff and parachute down. Awesome experience. Stomach was flipping at times when he was doing spirals but fun, fun, fun.

The views again were spectacular. I would say Austria and Switzerland are as beautiful as home if not more.

After Austria we headed to Switzerland, home of cow bells, army knives and most importantly chocolate!!!

Went up the world's longest cog rail yesterday, up to the top of Europe (3454 metres). The view was amazing from 3/4 up but there was a lot of cloud at the top. Went through caves with heaps of ice sculptures. Very nice but very cold.

At the moment we are in St Goar, home of the beer stein where we are going to have dinner and then wine tasting. Reisling is the wine from here, very good apparently, will let you know next time.

Off to Amsterdam tomorrow, the last stop for the Contiki trip. It has gone so
The top of EuropeThe top of EuropeThe top of Europe

Actually had to layer the clothes, first time some of the group had seen snow
fast. Is going to be sad to say goodbye to everyone because we have spent so much time together but in saying that will be good to continue with next part of trip. Just over a month til I'm home (for all those people who are missing me - phone calls etc)

Anyway have to go, internet is more expensive than gold around here. I knpow that I have missed parts out this time, will fill you all in later, have to save something for when I get back.

Bye for now, hope everyone is well.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb