On the road again


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Rhineland-Palatinate » Koblenz
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled
Cheston & Katherine Hervey
Tomorrow morning we leave for The Netherlands and Belgium. We will be staying in Volendam (just north of Amsterdam) for two nights before making our way down the coast to Voorschaten (just north of Rotterdam) for one night. From there we will head down into Belgium for three days; Brugges, Brussels and Antwerp before heading back to Koblenz. Click Here for our route. If you zoom out you can see the red line that marks our loose itenerary.

After sleeping til almost noon today (we did stay up until 1 am watching the Princess Diana Concert with Yola) and napping for an hour in the middle of the day, we are pretty much adjusted to the time difference. It was difficult considering that the sun doesn't go down until 10:30 pm!

We went to the one and only brewery in Koblenz tonight: Königsbacher Brauerie. It is enormous and has been around for quite some time. It was destroyed during World War II and they rebuilt a lot of it with super modern architecture. A thunderstorm had just passed and so we were treated to a full rainbow on the hill directly across the Rhein from the Brewery. The beer was good but the freshly baked Apfelstreusel was better.

We may not be writing until our return on Sunday but we'll see.

Chet n Kat



Advertisement



3rd July 2007

Jealous
I think that you should steer clear of Brussels....I would prefer to not covet my neighbors travels and ales...

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb