Emmerich am Rhein cycle


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Emmerich am Rhein
September 24th 2017
Published: September 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Belfast to Eindhoven yesterday, heading for Emmerich on the border between Germany and Holland in the Neiderrhein, to meet up with our friends Rita and Holger, and to do a bit of cycling and exploring of this beautiful area. We're staying at their lakeside cottage on the Wildweg lake.
We had a fantastic welcome from Rita and Holger, and great advice for our travels, not to mention a fridge full of best German delicacies, beer and wine!

Sunday 24th Oct
Rita and Holger have lent us their bikes, so we headed out to explore our neighbourhood. Unusually for this flat terrain, we found hills! The route took us to Hochelten where we made careful note of the pancake cafe for future reference, then downhill to Elten, and on to Beek. From there we followed the road to Zeddam, then to Heerenberg. There we stopped at the Cafe Snoren, and were pleasantly surprised to find that the coffees came with a free shot of liqueur.
With that great flavour still lingering, we headed on to Emmerich, eventually finding the promenade on the Rhine, and finding another excuse to try the weissbier.
It was a short return from there to Elten, where we found a good pizzeria - Sugo, where we had a feast of pasta and pizza. Well refuelled, we headed back to base at Wildweg, and rounded the day off with a row on the lake!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb