The resort of Warnemunde, Germany


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

When we returned to Pier 7 from Rostock, we saw that a Tall Ship was being maneuvered in to the dock right in front of the Prinsendam. WOW!! What a size comparison between the ships! I immediately went up to the top deck to take pictures, and had fun observing the busy - ness of the channel. There is to be a Tall Ship Festival in the near future here in Warnemunde and this Russian Tall Ship is here to participate in the Tall Ship Sail.

Warnemunde is a major German resort destination and this is a friday afternoon. So there were plenty of people on the beach and walking the streets. The Tall Ship at the dock was generating plenty of interest among the crowd and there were lots of people going across the channel on the ferries. It was interesting to watch from the top deck of our ship.

Later after dinner, John and I decided to take a walk into Warnemunde. From Pier 7 we went under the train tracks (pedestrian tunnel) and up over the canal bridge to walk along the canal. it was like a circus midway atmosphere with the many sidewalk cafes full of people eating and drinking. The crowd of adults and children surged along the path busily taking pictures and talking. Then it started to rain. We had seen the darkening clouds and brought our umbrellas with us. Gradually the crowd thinned out, thanks to the rain, and we walked a little farther, enjoying the sights and colors. Then tiredness set in and we made our way back to our ship.

On the Lido deck there was a german BBQ with an omph-pa-pa band in full swing for the passengers who had taken an excursion to Hamburg to have a late dinner. We listened to the music for a while and then went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

We take a walkWe take a walk
We take a walk

to Warnemunde
Sun begins to set Sun begins to set
Sun begins to set

in Warnemunde


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb