Nach Köln


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Kassel
June 4th 2007
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,
We have returned yesterday after a two day one night trip to Cologne on our free time. We didn't go with the course, it was just four of us: Melanie, Neil, Joanna, and myself. After the four hour train ride we went to our hotel, checked-in and then hit the town, but reaching teh hot spots proved a little more difficult than we had thought. The Cologne transport system is harder to navigate than others we have used thus far. We ended taking two hours to get to the Chocolate museum, but with free samples we were soon much happier. Needless to say it was an interesting time. In the evening we ate McDonald's and drank some beer and wine while watching comedian Dane Cook on Neil's computer. In the morning we woke up around 8-8:30, and ate breakfast. That day we went to the Cologne Cathedral, a huge Gothic masterpiece, and visited the Roman-German history and artefact museum. At the cathedral, we climbed the 500 and something stairs to get to the top, and later took part in a tour. It was all good fun, a little exhasuting but fun. Thursday we make our way to Rothenburg until Saturday. The following weekend, we are going to Hamburg, then after ourt last week of school, we will begin our voyage home. Seems like it's going to go quickly, but we'll have to let you know later.
We miss you all, and we send our love,
Sarah and Jo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th June 2007

Hey Girlies! Looks like you are having a blast! I am jealous of you! You had better have lots of pictures when you come back! love, Amanda

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb